Craig from Tassie Tiger Knives had an idea for a new product. A beautiful, high-quality, Australian-made hunting knife. He needed help raising awareness of the new knife in the lead up to the product launch.
The biggest challenge? As a knife is considered a weapon by social media platforms, no paid promotion was possible.
Due to the knife bein a high value item we were restricted from other usual launch activities such as influencers and competitions as well, so we had to be really innovative to drive that buzz!
- Marketing Strategy
- Google My Business Page update
- Social Media Strategy
- Content creation and distribution
- Updated webpage content copy
Due to the inability to implement any paid-promotion, it was important to create great organic momentum on social media channels.
We did this by;
- Regular social posting on Instagram, Facebook and Google My Business
- Content that created intrigue, insight and ‘behind the scenes.’ This content was designed to create feelings of excitement, intrigue, exclusivity and to bring the consumer along on the journey, so they felt a part of the development
- Targeted community engagement on Instgram
- Updated Google My Business platform with SEO keywords
- Updated keywords and SEO content on the website
Note, this campaign was to create engagement pre-launch, not to drive traffic to site as the product does not yet exist there.
- 75 inbox messages in a week to request price and more details on Facebook alone. Similar numbers on Instagram
- 59 new followers on Facebook in a week
- 600% increase in Facebook post engagements in a week
- 700% increase in Facebook reach in a week
- 58 website visits from Google My Business in 28 days (up 287%)
- 1.15k search views on Google My Business in 28 days (up 101%)
- 3.75k Google My Business photo views in 28 days (up 301%)
- 28 website clicks from Instagram in a week
- 30% of product sold by midday on the day of launch!
Craig DillonOwner at Tassie Tiger Knives